Hello there,
Well, we are officially approved by the state of GA (as of July 23rd, 2007 - 1 year and 2 days from the original email with the 3 babies in CA) in the Foster to Adopt program. What this means, is that our file is with state and when a child, or children that meet our profile come up, we will be contacted. Sounds easy, but we will definately need a God thing here. Our profile states that we are looking for a child, or (2) siblings under the age of 4 years old. Most of the children in the system are older, and there are a lot of people who want the younger children. So, it is not to say that it is impossible to get them, but younger children are not hard to place, so as soon as they come into the system, they are placed pretty quickly. We went to a meet and greet at Bethany Christian Services, the agency we are going through, and we met our new contact Suzanne. While we were sitting there, we came to a rather quick conclusion....why didn't we do domestic infant adoption instead of this? Mainly for financial reasons, we opted for State Adoption. We are now looking into the option of Domestic Infant Adoption and how much of what we have already done can be transferred over if we do decide to pursue that route.
Although my endometriosis could have been the cause of the infertility, a fertility doctor I saw at the end of June, seemed to think it had nothing to do with it. That snatched my hope that we had finally found out WHY....not so much. I had a consultation with him, and he would suggest IUI (form of artificial insemination) depending on test results that he would order. Good news is that my tests all came back negative.....but doesn't get us any closer to anything. We think that we are not going to try the fertiltity doctor route since insurance doesn't cover any of it, and with testing and the IUI procedure, we are looking at about $4,000.00. We would rather take the money and put it towards the adoption. My heart is open and ready for adoption, but there is still a part of me that is waiting for a miracle and that we would conceive. Right now, I feel like we have so many things going at once, and my prayers are for guidance, and a specific direction that we should take. I work to keep my hopes up and my faith strong through these trying times. I have to hold on to knowing that one day I will see why all of this had to happen and there will be a happy ending. With all that said, on the other hand, any day we could get a call from the state adoption worker, "Hey, we have a baby here for you, when can you get here?" and I don't even have diapers, a crib, or anything! Challenging wouldn't you say......having to be prepared for something, but having nothing. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my faith, and the support of friends and family. Thank you for that and your prayers!
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Congrats on getting approved! Of course we all knew you would, but it sure takes time huh? You are always in our prayers and I feel like somethings going to happen soon. Keep us posted!
Love,
The Plagmans
Congratulations!! You are in my heart and in my prayers. I am very hopeful that this journey that you are going through has yet to reveal its beautiful and wonderful parts.
Take care,
Gloria Fazzolari
Post a Comment