As of a couple of days ago we thought Grace was coming home around 36 weeks which would be a couple of weeks. Last night we were at the hospital and she had her feeding tube in and she was still in an incubator. Today, I got a call from the hospital social worker that the doctor had ordered her to be released in the next 3 days. OK, a little bit of a shock...but so excited. I have to bring her car seat by the hospital tomorrow so they can check her vitals while in her seat for 45 minutes. They haven't nailed down a date, but it is a day by day process. She is eating 60 cc's of formula, which is about 2 ounces. She is doing really well, and you will see from the pictures, getting a double chin. She is so precious, and such a good baby. I think I have heard her cry only a couple of times and she is very sweet. Hopefully she isn't behaving so we will take her home and she will let us have it. We will be so blessed if she keeps up the good behavior. So the magic question, is are we ready? Well, we have a bassinet, some clothes, a couple of cans of formula, couple of packs of diapers, and the car seat. I am picking up the paint for the nursery tomorrow AM, and that is in the works. I just registered, yikes I thought I had more time! I have registered at Target, Baby's-R-Us, and Pottery Barn Kids, and we are working on the baby shower shortly. Wow, is all I can say :)
I will send out another update when we know more, so check back.




5 comments:
Thank you for including me in your email list. I am so happy to hear such great news. You will be great parents.
So Jodi, I guess this means you will have to start giving out Halloween candy now that you have a child in the house.. ha ha ha....I just rememebr a conversation we had about you keeping your lights out that night so you get no knockers. I can see Gracie as a little pumpkin this year.
God bless you all !
Kathy (Teknion)
Congratulations on little Grace...she looks precious and you two will make wonderful parents. She is a very lucky little girl to have become a Shaheen Family member.
Wishing you the best and knowing you will be so glad to get her home.
Fondly,
Betty and Paul Smith
Sara Fisher shared your story with me - so even in Orlando we know the happy news! Many congratulations to you both and the best to little Gracie. May she bring many blessings to your life.
Beverly Rettinger
Wish we were there to help welcome home Gracie. She looks beautiful-God is amazing, isn't he? Congrats! Joe and Jane Hamstra
WOW! It's incredible to read the updates and see the pictures. I vividly remember sitting in Mike's room once a week last year during lunch praying and pleading for the Lord to deliver a baby to you all...and well, the rest is history. Praise God for that! Know that all 3 of you are in my prayers daily.
- Joseph Antonio
Post a Comment