Sunday, September 09, 2007

Gracie is HOME!!

Friday at 3:00 PM I went to the hospital to pick up sweet Gracie Jean. Betsy Dodson was there to wish her farewell. Michael was on his way to Hart County (almost in S. Carolina) for a football game. Of all the days for her to come home, this was the least convenient. But...when he got home from the game, our family was together. The 1st feeding of the night was 4 AM, and then 8 AM. Michael took the 4 AM feeding, and it was somewhat of a rough night. Gracie's nickname is Squeeky Jean, and she does just that. She doesn't really cry, just squeeks. Very tired from the 1st night, we are working our way into it. She feeds every 4 hours, and pretty much sleeps in between feedings. She is a good girl so far. Here are some pictures of our first days, it is very fun, but yet doesn't really seem real. I have to pinch myself sometimes, and really take it in that she is our little girl. We are so blessed.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is soooo beautiful! And looks perfect in your arms. May God bless you all and keep your family healthy and happy!

Louise

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous baby! I am soooo excited for you! You make a beautiful family. I am so impressed by the progress Grace has made these last few weeks. I think she has been as eager to go home as you have been to have her there! Please let me know when you are settled in and can take visitors. Vince, Nicholas and I would love to come meet little Gracie and to congratulate you in person. In the meantime, if you need anything, please do not hesitate to call.

Gloria