Just got back from the hearing. The judge granted the TPR (termination of parental rights) to both mother and "assumed" father (we aren't sure who she named is really the father, and haven't been able to locate him either). TPR paperwork will be filed today by DFCS. The next step is a trial on March 28th at 8:30 am. At that time they are expecting to terminate parental rights on both and aren't expecting them to show up. This is longer than what I thought, but I guess I didn't realize the other step involved. Judge was just smitten by Grace's cuteness and as soon as she handed her back to me, she spit up. I said "Good girl, you know not to spit up on the judge". The good news is that there really isn't any news, and we get to keep lovin' on little Gracie. DFCS is also transferring us over to the adoption unit and everyone seems to be optimistic that will be where it ends up. My hope is with all of this waiting once we get the TPR that there will be no need to wait too long to finalize the adoption. I was told that DFCS has 16 months to finalize. We are not thinking that all of this will go on that long. So tomorrow Grace turns 5 months. She weighs 13 lbs. and is just cuter and cuter every day.
The other day I did a little photo shoot (64 pictures) and could not get her to smile in one of the pictures! I kept bribing her, "Just one smile and mommy will stop"......that didn't work. She is precious though in her fishy sweater from Uncle Jared (my brother), Auntie Kelly and cousin Delaney.
Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers! I will try to be better posting pictures more often.
Have a blessed day,
Jodi...and Michael and Grace too!


1 comment:
So happy to hear the news of the results of today's hearing! I've been thinking of you ALL morning!!
Love the pictures of baby Gracie...I can tell she has grown so much since I saw you. Isn't it amazing how babies seem to change almost daily?!
Best wishes,
The Tropeano Family
Post a Comment